Meet our dust-free blasting method: vacuum blasting. The direct extraction through the blasting machine has many advantages. Check out our website for all the possibilities!
Vacuum blasting: how it works
Vacuum blasting uses the same technique as sandblasting or shot blasting. Grit grains of aluminum oxide are blown against a surface using a high-pressure machine. This technique is used for roughening or cleaning surfaces. So far the technology, but what’s so special about vacuum blasting? The big advantage lies in the extraction, removal of the grit and loose dirt and the reuse of the abrasive. Because the blasting machine collects this, no cleaning is required. You also work dust-free! The material that the blasting machine collects can be recycled in many cases, which also has environmental benefits.
Applications vacuum blasting
You initially opt for vacuum blasting for an environmentally friendly and dust-free solution for radiation work on your surfaces. Vacuum blasting has various applications, such as roughening, cleaning and finishing surfaces. This technique is suitable for small surfaces, due to the higher labor intensity that it entails.
Advantages of vacuum blasting
Did you know that vacuum blasting has many advantages? We list them below:
- Environmentally friendly blasting solution
- Dust-free blasting: the abrasive and dust are extracted immediately
- Suitable for multiple applications (roughening and cleaning)
- Separation of abrasive and residue for reuse of the abrasive
- Cleaner air through microfilters in the extraction units
- No loss of time due to cleaning up
- No additional cleaning costs
- Immediate application of the finishing layer possible (even during blasting!)
Vacuum blasting? Choose Nieuwenhuis
Are you curious about the possibilities of blasting for your projects? You have come to the right place with Nieuwenhuis. We have been working as a specialist in the field of substrate preparation for more than 30 years. We work on projects such as (company) floors, bridges, (ship) decks and facades in many different sectors. Contact us for more information about vacuum blasting.