For the pretreatment of steel and stone substrates, open blasting or spinning blasting, is a method. With open blasting water is often added to reduce dust.
Open blasting and sponge blasting:
- Applicable to almost all surfaces;
- Applicable to both vertical parts and bottom parts;
- In rooms where controlled extraction is possible (including blasting cabins and blasting cabinets);
- Can be applied almost everywhere where shielding can be realized;
- Sponge blasting is dust-friendly and dry;
- Low pressure is also possible, gives less damage to the surface.
A variety of blasting methods are used (such as grit, glass beads, sponges), depending on the surface and the desired result.
Shot blasting in the open air is often environmentally damaging and has a negative effect on working conditions.
There is a clear trend towards less environmentally harmful and more labor-friendly pre-treatment methods such as dust-free work and wet systems (open blasting with the addition of water) and sponge blasting in which we have specialized.